16.12.06

Finland - the return/visit

After spending quality time of roughly 22 hours (home at Shinjuku - train to Narita - plane to Wien - plane to Helsinki), I almost got the final grace by the Finnish customs. Luckily, they asked first where I was from and I wasn't suspected visitor from Amsterdam (plane from there had landed at same time), they waved me off.. *phew* Luckily they were apparently only after drugs I guess, and Vienna (and especially Japan?) doesn't feature high on the list.

In home, I for the first time notice how much more quiet / environment controlled the Finnish housing is; I can hear my Macbook's hard drive for the first time! And almost nowhere does it feel too hot or cold.. bliss. None of that 'insulation is for wimps, get your ass next to air conditioner!' here. Of course, toilet seat, as well as the floor of the bathroom, was cold as hell; seat because I wasn't in Japan, and floor because the heating hadn't been turned on yet.

Japan clearly has some upsides, but also clearly some downsides. I keep wondering why I am still interested..